LOCAL RULES (May 2021)
1. OUT OF BOUNDS: Rule 18.2b
3. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS: Include taps, sprinkler heads, seats, signs, manhole covers. Rule 16.1 applies.
4. IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTION CLOSE TO PUTTING GREEN:
In addition to the types of interference described in Rule 16.1a, interference also exists if an immovable obstruction is on the player’s line of play, and is within 2 club lengths of the putting green, and is within 2 club lengths of the ball.
Exception: there is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable.
5. MOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS: Include the hoops beside the greens (Rule 15.2a provides free relief).
6. ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS: Free relief is allowed under Rule 16.1. The following conditions are included:
8. MOTORISED CARTS: Motorised carts may not be used in VGL events or club championships except by players 70 years of age and over. Exceptions to this rule may be approved by the VGL for VGL events or the SGC Committee for club championship rounds. Motorised carts may be used in other events. Penalty for breach of this Local Rule is disqualification.
Unless otherwise noted the penalty for breach of a Local Rule is the general penalty: (stroke play - 2 strokes, match play – loss of hole).
MEASUREMENTS are to CENTRE of GREEN